NewGen Peacebuilders is a global youth peace education program that emphasizes the role, value and impact of young people (ages 14-24) in achieving a peaceful world.
NewGen Peacebuilders trains and equips students to:
- Truly understand drivers of conflict and peace
- Imagine innovative solutions that create change
- Take action to address an issue impacting quality of life in a community or communities
The result is empowered young people who are equipped to actively resolve conflict and build bridges for the rest of their lives.
The NewGen Peacebuilders program is delivered over the course of a school term. Students who successfully complete these key activities become certified NewGen Peacebuilders:
- Immersion Workshops - Five day-long (or 40 hours) of intensive, in-person workshops introduce peacebuilding frameworks, exercises, techniques and tools.
- Guest Speakers - Conference calls or in-person conversations feature local, national and international peacebuilders
- Peace Projects - Participants are coached and mentored to design and implement team action peace projects.
NewGen Peacebuilders program alumni become part of an international network of young peacebuilders. The NewGen Peacebuilders program and graduates have received awards from The NC State Institute for Emerging Issues, The Pollination Project, The Southern Association of Independent Schools, SEED 20 - Charlotte from Social Venture Partners and Youth Service America.