NewGen Peacebuilders is an award-winning peace education, training and mentoring program that equips young people to build peace and repeat the peace. The experience is available in these formats: 12-Week Extracurricular; 2-to-3-day Accelerator Summit; and digital/online for school service clubs beginning with the 2020-21 academic year.
NewGen Peacebuilders trains and equips students to:
- Truly understand drivers of conflict and peace
- Imagine innovative solutions that create change
- Take action to address an issue impacting quality of life in a community or communities
The result is empowered young people who are equipped to actively resolve conflict and build bridges for the rest of their lives.
The NewGen Peacebuilders 12-Week program is delivered over the course of a school term. Students who successfully complete these key activities become certified NewGen Peacebuilders:
- Immersion Workshops - Five day-long (or 40 hours) of intensive, in-person workshops introduce peacebuilding frameworks, exercises, techniques and tools.
- Guest Speakers - Conference calls or in-person conversations feature local, national and international peacebuilders
Peace Projects - Participants are coached and mentored to design and implement team action peace projects.
NewGen Peacebuilders is a program of US 501c3 nonprofit Mothering Across Continents